It's seriously my goal in life to have a cool job. Who wants to work a boring job? I don't even mind the 9 to 5 just as long as it's interesting and fun. Isn't that why we all blog in attempt to escape the drudgery?
Social Marketing Manager
Our digital team is seeking a Social Media Manager. The ideal candidate will help increase uptake of HFM traffic, content and other digital assets via social media activity. A key responsibility of the position will be working with selected HFM brands to integrate social media programs and projects into their existing marketing and content initiatives. Other responsibilities will include assessing and working with social media solution providers that will help elevate brand conversations and engagements on Twitter, blogs, other social media channels and networks, and our brand sites. Additionally, the candidate will utilize viral reference social bookmarking tools to drive traffic to specific brand content pieces. This position reports to the Director of Social Media.
- Contribute to and help execute HFMs Social Media strategy across multiple platforms.
- Working with our editors to help mold the content strategy.
- Directly influence audience growth around the web.
- Support the generation and publication of content implement and manage daily and weekly assignments to promote editorial features, posts, comments, video, and other content.
- Assist brands with their Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other social channel outlet operations.
- Research and Development of ongoing online partnerships and social media tools.
- Implement and manage community recruitment programs for growth of community elements of site as well as implementation of word of mouth marketing campaigns and results tracking.
- Other assignments related to growing social media outlets members, loyalty and advocacy.
- Measure and report on the contributions of the individual tactical activities. Recommend improvements based on the results.
- Provide competitive intelligence to Marketing department of competitors activities.
- Utilize and manage social bookmarking initiatives (Digg, StumbleUpon, etc.)